[rdup] ANNOUNCEMENT: rdup 0.2.11
miek at miek.nl
Fri May 5 19:49:11 CEST 2006
I've just put rdup 0.2.11 online. This release adds some /major/
bugfixes and additional features to rdup and it's scripts.
Remote dumping and remote restoring now works. There could
still be bugs in some corner cases, but the major functionality
Extended attributes support was added, which means your remote
backups are restored with the correct uid/gid. I still need
to add this to the dump.sh and restore.sh scripts. But otherwise
it is completely working.
Bandwidth shaping, which relies on cstream was added. See the -l
Further more the documentation was updated and numerous bugs were
-- major feature enhancement + major bugfixes --
* rdup is now feature complete
* dump.sh, restore.sh: make remote backups really work
* scripts: implemented sanity checks on the data received.
extended attributes: [linux only atm]
* mirror.sh: added -a flag, only needed here.
* rdup: -a flag: read extended attributes to restore uid/gid
* bandwidth shaping was added to dump.sh and restore.sh, depends on
* rorrim.sh, monthday.sh: cosmetic fixes
* rdup: added a msg function to remove all fprintfs
* documentation was updated and improved
PGP: 6A3C F450 6D4E 7C6B C23C F982 258B 85CF 3880 D0F6
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 191 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the rdup